SAFETY CHECKS AND CAR REGISTRATION IN KAPAA, KAUAI COUNTY
GETTING YOU BACK ON THE ROAD IN THE SAFEST WAY POSSIBLE
New to Hawaii? Part of the requirements for getting your car registered include an updated safety check. Other requirements for a car registration include: submission of your vehicle title, registration application, and payment of appropriate charges. Various additional requirements are listed below. You may learn more by visiting the various Hawaiian State motor vehicle and transportation departments listed below, as well. Stop in to Kevin’s Auto Repair in Kapaa for your safety check today.
Hawaii Safety Check Requirements:
- Proof of Hawaii State Vehicle Insurance Coverage
- Registration Card
- License Plates
A safety check is required to: register your vehicle, renew your registration, transfer your registration to Hawaii, and other transactions.
SOME ITEMS INSPECTED ON MOTOR VEHICLES INCLUDES, BUT ISN’T LIMITED TO:
- Steering Component
- Fuel System
- Seat Belts
SOME OF THE MOTORCYCLE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Controls & Indicators
- Exhaust System
- Final Drive
- Kick & Center Stands
- Kill Switch
- Wheel Bearing
RENEW YOUR CAR REGISTRATION IN KAPAA, KAUAI, HI
- Annual registration is REQUIRED.
- Registration fees are based on weight & usage.
- Fees must be paid by the last working day of the registration inspection month.
- If fees are not paid, a fine of 20% of both the county and state weight tax will be assessed.
- Following a successful vehicle safety inspection and issuance of a sticker, you may apply for registration certification to operate your vehicle on the roadways.
- Non-resident active duty military personnel must submit form DF-1(MVR) to apply for a non-resident registration certificate.
REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE IN KAUAI, HI
Car and vehicle registration in Kauai may be completed online if no supplemental materials are required and your address on record has not changed. The fees are payable by credit and debit cards. Take advantage of this convenient opportunity at the Online Vehicle Renewal Center. A variety of printable PDF forms and additional information are available online for your convenience. This information has been provided courtesy of the County of Kauai Treasury Division (MVR). For more information about vehicle registration in Kauai, please contact the County of Kauai Treasury Division (MVR) at: (808) 241-4256. Information sources for this page include the following entities. They are able to provide additional information regarding Hawaii state safety check inspections and vehicle registration.
KEVIN’S AUTO REPAIR SAFETY
9 a.m. – Noon and 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
••No appointments/reservations. First-come, first serve.••
Cars & Trucks
Motorcycles & Trailers
Visa, Mastercard, Voyager, Discover, AMEX, and cash. No travelers checks.